going backwards two and a half months...

I could certainly do this. The process of getting "something done", and making the "thing", as Heidegger would say, "visible", has been utterly new to me. While dealing with a new country, a new continent, and a new circumstance, for the first month (or so) nothing practical was really happening, except perhaps for a scrap of an idea regarding digital numerals. 

Afterwards, (not immediately) I decided to break the huge creative block by getting the appropiate resources to just do some technical junk. An introduction to Flash workshop didn't seem to fulfill the task in its entirety. Taking the camera out and recording crap worked a little better, even editing on Final Cut Pro was a little liberating, while at the same time, recycling my only microcassette on my Dad's old recorder, which he doesn't know I took with me, and recording sounds on the Tube, the bus, wherever. All of this wasn't really getting me anywhere. 

Then I discovered letterpress, and a metallic paper. It somehow changed something in me. I wasn't blocked anymore. 

I wrote something about the design process which was more of a self therapy session, but nonetheless it was helpful to understand my current position towards my own practice. Eventually, and after the help of my friends, I got to work. Got deeper into the digital systems, tried making connections, and then it hit me. A rough idea for a video concerning violence and how it relates to the empathy method